Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 3! More beans!!!
We are having so much fun.. We started the day with classroom visits. Lori and I like the math class probably only second to the 1st graders who were working hard. The kids are very disciplined and all different ages depending on how much education they had before coming to El Hogar. A 6 year old can be sitting next to a 12 year old in the same class...



We have laughed so much. These Mathworks people are the smartest people I have every been with. I wonder if any of it will rub off?¿ And IBMer´s think they are smart! Just kidding all you IBMers. Conversations in the kitchen revolve around never mind ' Lori doesn´t even understand it. OK - so forget all that. The real story of the day is that we had a great one. I was the smartest one today though.... I chose to work inside instead of being outside in the heat. I painted 4 doors and Lori pulled nails out of old wood and picked up glass.


Beans with cheese, beans with sour cream, beans with rice...and Lori is hungry but filling up on Diet Coke. We are having a great time if you can´t tell. Below is a creative example of a bean s`more (with chocolate:)

In the afternoon after much needed showers (Lori went last and had a FRIO shower). We played Domino´s with Wilmer who had the most adorable smile and laugh.


Here we are posing by a prior teams artwork..


Then went in for beans. I had my first banana con chocolate after Jason and Melissa, Stuart and Tara worked up another sweat playing soccer after dinner. I just HAD to celebrate with a banana I didn´t earn.
Diane and Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers