Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Return to Amarateca

Today we took a trip to the technical school in Amarateca Valley where I worked 3 years ago. It looked very different. The building where we were mixing cement and pouring it into wall sections was all finished and being used as classrooms and a cafeteria. It looked beautiful. Three floors, all white and tiled and a red roof. It was very satisfying to see it being used, knowing that I had helped. I remembered the time I carried a bag of cement. It was the heaviest thing I ever carried.

Stuart

1 comment:

  1. This blog is so inspiring to read. It sure puts perspective on things. My heart goes out to all of these boys. It's so gratifying to see the generosity of all of you in making a difference!
    I've been sharing the blog with my girls and they want to go next year!! :-)
    Take good care, all of you, and thanks for what you are doing!
    - Susan M

    ReplyDelete

Followers